Activities you can complete towards your total health and wellnessApr 07, 2023 11:00AM ● By Jerrywright Ukwu
Today is World Health Day!
Interestingly, it is also the 75th Anniversary of the World Health Organization (W.H.O).
The W.H.O. is a United Nations agency working to promote health, keep the world safe and serve the vulnerable.
The agency has promoted a healthier world through consistent public advisories, unique policy briefs in various countries, and global research to stem the tide of disease outbreaks.
FunTimes Magazine has listed activities to promote your total health and wellness to mark this special day and celebrate this milestone with the W.H.O.
Here are some examples:
1. Exercise regularly: Exercise is one of the best ways to improve physical health for everyone. You should aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise most days of the week.
2. Eat a healthy diet: Eating a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, and healthy fats can help you maintain a healthy weight and reduce your risk of chronic diseases.
3. Get enough sleep: Sleep is essential for good health. Most adults need 7-9 hours of sleep per night. The term 'sleep is for the weak' is misleading and should be disregarded by individuals aiming to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
4. Manage stress: Stress can adversely affect any adult's physical and mental health. Individuals are encouraged to always practice relaxation techniques like meditation, deep breathing, or yoga to help manage stress.
5. Limit alcohol and drug use: Drinking too much alcohol or using drugs can adversely affect your health. Try to limit or avoid these substances altogether.
6. Practice good hygiene: Washing your hands regularly, covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze, and keeping your living space clean can help prevent the spread of germs and illness.
7. Get regular check-ups: Regular check-ups with your healthcare provider can help detect health issues early when they are easier to treat and without serious complications.
8. Take care of your mental health: It is important to note that it is as important as physical health. Seek help if you struggle with depression, anxiety, or other mental health issues at any given time.
Additional Info: World Health Organization
Going to the gym isn’t something everyone can afford or has the time to fit into their busy schedule, but luckily a lot of health, fitness, and workout programs are online and a lot even ... Read More »
According to the American Psychiatric Association, only 1 in 3 Black adults who need mental health care actually receive it. Those numbers are believed to be even worse when you’re just d... Read More »
Bone broth truly has been around for centuries — every world cuisine has its own version. However, bone broth has once again become very popular, especially among health-conscious individ... Read More »