10 productive things to do everydayJan 30, 2023 04:00PM ● By Minna Davies
The idea of productivity is something that many of us strive for in life. We want to make the most of our days and get as much done as possible. But often, we end up feeling overwhelmed or bogged down by the sheer amount of things that need to get done. If this sounds like you, then don’t worry—it doesn’t have to be this way! There are a few simple things you can do every day to stay productive, no matter how busy your schedule is. In this article, we’ll be looking at 10 productive things you can do each day to tackle any task with ease.
Wake up early
If you want to be productive, one of the best things you can do is wake up early. That way, you can start your day with a set goal in mind and get a head start on your to-do list. Of course, not everyone is a morning person, but if you can train yourself to wake up earlier, it will pay off in the long run. Not only will you be more productive, but you'll also feel less stressed throughout the day.
8 Ways to Get A Good Night’s Sleep
Sleep Awareness Week aims to highlight the importance of good sleep and educate people about how they can better improve their sleeping habits. Read More »
Make your bed
It seems like a no brainer, but making your bed first thing in the morning can really set the tone for the rest of your day. It’s a small task that can make you feel more organized and put together, which can lead to increased productivity throughout the day.
The most important meal of the day is breakfast. It jump-starts your metabolism and gives you energy to power through your morning. A healthy breakfast includes both protein and carbohydrates. Some good options include eggs, oatmeal, whole grain toast, or yogurt.
Skipping breakfast will make you more likely to indulge later in the day. Studies have shown that people who eat breakfast are less likely to be obese and have better eating habits overall. So make time for a nutritious breakfast every day!
6 Black-Owned Smoothie & Juice Bars for Your Next Health Drink
Keep healthy this winter with a refreshing, vitamin-packed, fresh juice or smoothie from one of these six Black-owned smoothing and juice bars across the USA. Read More »
Start your day with a workout. Not only will it wake you up, but you’ll feel accomplished having done something healthy first thing. If going to the gym or working out at home isn’t your thing, try doing some yoga or going for a run outside.
Black-Owned Fitness Apparel Brands To Shop Before Your Next Sweat Session
From those who live to do yoga each morning to those who just like to lounge around the house in athleisure, these standout nine Black-owned fitness apparel brands are expertly combining ... Read More »
Get dressed for the day
You don't need to spend a lot of time on this, but taking a few minutes to put together a decent outfit will help you feel more put-together and confident as you start your day.
If you have trouble picking out clothes or putting together outfits, there are plenty of resources available online or in magazines to give you some inspiration. Once you have a few go-to outfits that you feel good in, it will be easier to get dressed each day.
5 Black-Owned Menswear Brands to Support, Now
These five Black-owned menswear brands offer a wide variety of styles and products for the modern-day man. Support one of these brands today and get the father figure in your life’s wonde... Read More »
Check your email/social media
Take a quick scan of your inbox and social media feeds. This will help you get an idea of what’s going on for the day and what kind of responses or interactions you may need to take care of.
Next, take a look at any deadlines or important dates that are coming up. This will help you prioritize what needs to be done first.
Finally, see if there is anything you can delegate or automate. For example, if you have a lot of emails that require similar responses, draft a template that you can use for future reference.
4 Reasons to Know and Live By Your Personal Brand
The first quarter of the year is over and many people have already forgotten about their resolutions and intentions for 2022. As we transition from winter into spring, revisit the intenti... Read More »
Start your work day
1. Make a to-do list: Before starting work, take a few minutes to write down what you need to accomplish that day. This will help you stay focused and on track throughout the day.
2. Don't procrastinate: If you have something that needs to be done, do it right away instead of putting it off until later. This will save you time in the long run and help you stay on top of your workload.
3. Set realistic goals: Don't try to bite off more than you can chew by setting unrealistic goals for yourself. If you know you can only accomplish three things in a day, don't try to cram five things into your schedule. Be realistic with what you can achieve so that you don't end up feeling overwhelmed or stressed out.
Small Habits That Have Huge Return on Life
Small and simple habits can go a long way in making major changes in your life. By focusing on one or two habits at a time, you can slowly and steadily boost your productivity and overall... Read More »
If you have a busy day ahead and people ask you to do things you don't have the time or energy to do, there's nothing wrong with saying “no” to requests that don't align with your priorities. Let someone know that you cannot help them if they ask you to do something that does not fit with your priorities.
Take breaks throughout the day
It can be easy to get caught up in work and forget to take breaks, but it's important to give yourself time to rest and rejuvenate throughout the day. Taking breaks can help you stay focused and productive, and can also reduce stress levels.
There are a few things you can do to make sure you're taking enough breaks:
1. Set a timer for yourself and take a break every hour or so.
2. Get up and walk around for a few minutes every couple of hours.
3. Take a few minutes to relax and clear your mind several times throughout the day.
4. Make sure you take a lunch break away from your desk.
5. Plan some down time at the end of the day so you can unwind before bed.
Small Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health in 2022
Self-care won't solve every problem, but these quick and easy activities may at least bring some happiness to your day, and care for your mental health. Read More »
End your day
Here are some things you can do at the end of your work day to make sure you're being productive:
1. Make a list of things you need to do tomorrow. This will help you hit the ground running in the morning and avoid wasting time trying to remember what you need to do.
2. Respond to any urgent emails or messages. This will help reduce distractions throughout the day tomorrow and allow you to focus on getting your work done.
3. Write down any ideas you have for projects or tasks you're working on. This will help ensure that you don't forget anything important and can pick up where you left off tomorrow.
4. Clean up your workspace. This will help you start fresh tomorrow and be more organized throughout the day.
5. Get organized for the next day. This includes setting out your clothes, packing your lunch, and laying out everything you'll need for the next day so that you're not scrambling in the morning.
Setting Realistic Goals for 2023
From setting up a budget to decluttering your home, these simple steps can help you set yourself up for success as you move into 2023. Read More »
Minna Davies is a creative writer and a thespian with a degree in theatre arts from the University of Lagos. He has been privileged to have some of his works featured on Nigeria's big stages. It is important to dream, but if no one gets to see it, it is as good as dead.
Read more from Minna Davies:
THE NIGERIAN CIVIL WAR AGAINST BIAFRA
Most Nigerians regard the war over Biafra as a forgotten episode, but for the Igbo people who fought for secession, it remains a life-defining experience. Read More »
Has Nigeria Become a Leading Cocoa and Palm Oil Producer?
With its long history of palm oil and cocoa production, Nigeria was one of the first in West Africa to begin producing palm oil, and today it is one of Africa’s leading producer. The coun... Read More »
Black Nobel Prize Winners
This list includes some of the most brilliant minds of our time, who have made significant contributions in their field and have helped change the world as we know it. Read More »